1. Personal data means data which is capable of identifying a living person. Members of the site may provide us with personal data, such as their name, address, telephone number and credit card details.
3. In the course of using Bloom, Members may make their personal data available to others. It is the Members’ responsibility to ensure that they wish to reveal information about themselves (including personal data) in their use of the Bloom Service.
4. Cookies are small files which, depending on your browser settings, may be automatically stored on your computer's hard drive when your Web browser accesses a specific Web page. The cookies on the Bloom site are set by us, or (where an advertiser deploys a cookie) by the advertiser. You may not be able to register for Bloom, nor will you be able to use certain aspects of the Bloom service, if your browser is set to reject cookies. You can find out how to do this at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
The Web sites you visit, including those of advertisers, have their own privacy policies. We advise you to review the privacy policies of Web sites before providing them with any of your personal data.
5. We encourage you to tell us how you wish us to use your personal data for marketing of services and products to you.
a. Email communications. We give you the opportunity to opt to receive emailed newsletters and/or marketing communications from us in relation to our or third parties’ services and products that we think may be of interest to you; each such communication will give you the opportunity of opting-out of receiving future similar communications.
b. Post and fax. We will not send marketing materials to you by post or fax, nor provide your address or fax number to others for this purpose.
Please note that you will also receive important emails from us that are an integral part of the Bloom service, and cannot be opted-out of. The integral emails from Bloom will include (amongst other things) (i) emails about your use of Rewards and (ii) emails about issues arising under the Bloom Member Contract or any other contracts you may have with us. To reiterate, these Bloom emails are an integral part of the Bloom service, and cannot be opted-out of. Therefore, you must ensure that the email address we hold for you is kept up-to-date and that you have full access to it. If you change email address, then you must inform us of the new address following the instructions on your account page.
6. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member's responsibility:
a. to ensure no-one else uses Bloom while the Member’s machine is "logged on" to the Bloom service;
b. to log off or exit from you Bloom account when not using it; and
c. to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
8.Your personal data may be disclosed if we or an entity processing your data on our behalf are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally compliant request by a law enforcement or governmental authority.
9. To inspect, change or correct your identity and contact information, please log-in. If you have other questions about the handling or protection of your personal data, a written enquiry should be addressed to by email to Eva [at] BloomVC.com.
Bloom VC Limited is a company Registered in Scotland No SC395742. The registered office is 5th Floor, 125 Princes Street Edinburgh EH2 4AD