AboutWelcome to the newsroom... crowdfunding is hot!
Bloom in the media
Always interested in sharing experiences, expertise and an insider’s opinion on how businesses are financed, and how every day people are helping others succeed and realise their life goals. The project could be a start-up business, a charitable venture or a prototype idea; whatever it is, the crowd is there to help.
Get in touch!
For more information, do get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
Media, comment or content enquiries should go to Jack, Katherine or Sean at Brazil – our PR agency.
- Call on 020 7785 7383 or email email@example.com
General enquires, for projects or service
- Call 0141 255 0167 or 0203 397 7698
Or send us your comments www.bloomvc.com/contact
Our story in brief
Amanda Boyle created bloom in 2010, when she spotted an imminent funding gap for innovative ideas, community initiatives, startups and small business growth. The idea is simple, harness the power of the crowd (that’s you, me and everyone around us) and, in return for financial contributions – no matter how small – claim a reward from project owners.
- Bloom is independently owned and operated in the UK
- 43% of projects published are funded
- 85% of funded projects exceed their targets
- the average promise is £46
Amanda Boyle – founder and CEO
- Amanda has been on an entrepreneurial adventure for more than 20 years. Amanda has worked for corporates, started, invested in, sold and bought businesses. In addition to the joys of success, she has experienced the bumps and bruises of bad business relationships and ruinous investments. All of which she is willing to speak about and how it led to her starting up Bloom.
- LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/amandajboyle
Here are just a few examples, see our www.bloomvc.com/projects section for more.
- Bonnie Bling – gained funding for new production technology to keep up with increased demand, and is now selling bespoke jewellery to some of the biggest sports and music stars http://bloomvc.com/project/Big-up-our-Bling
- Fishwives Choir – having lost her husband at sea, founder Jane Dolby gained invaluable support from The Fisherman’s Mission Charity and wanted to give something back. She gained funding to produce a single, with all sales going to the charity. http://bloomvc.com/project/The-Fishwives-Choir
- The Ecosse Candle Company – founder Sandra Diamond spotted a need to produce a premium quality, more environmentally friendly candle made in Scotland. And she wasn’t wrong. She raised more than £13,000 and the business has grown significantly in the past 12 months. http://bloomvc.com/project/Lets-boost-manufacturing-in-Scotland
Images and videos
- For Bloom logos and material, visit www.bloomvc.vom/bloom-resources
- To see images and videos of projects that have been funded, or those currently live on the platform, visit www.bloomvc.com/projects